Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Safety..Emergency Kits and Police

For my son's preschool we have to put together an emergency kit that includes a granola bar, bttle of water, glow stick and wipes. The thought of having an emergency kit for my son scares me a bit, because I hope that it never has to be used. On the other hand, I am glad that the school is being responsible enough to have these types of items on hand. Of course, the kit is due today and I will be late, they won't get it until tomorrow.

Also, today a police officer visited my son's school. The officer talked about safety and not talking to stranger, it sounds like the kids loved the chat. The one sad thing is that the DARE program that is part of all public schools had to be canceled due to lack of funds. That is just sad to me...The DARE program was really good for kids, taught them about strangers and sadly due to money issues something that important has been canceled. Seriously, there isnt anything else that can be canceled?

No comments: