Friday, July 11, 2008

Social Social Networks..Social Social Everywhere...

Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn, Friendster, Twitter…lets talk about this Web 2.0 world…have we hit the limit on social networking sites or are more still to come. It seems like daily I am receiving a email from a friend to join a new site, don’t we have enough….

Which one is better, is it necessary to be part of all these sites? Which is better? Not sure I can answer that question, it seems like it is personal preference..

Some people I know really like Myspace, while others are hooked on Facebook..Asia has a fascination with Friendster and the world seems to be in aw of Twitter…Now LinkedIn, I think professionals see this as the next HotJobs…

The one thing that drives me insane about Facebook, the aps, some are just plain stupid..let me poke you, no let me SuperPoke you, let me ask you, why? Why is it necessary to SuperPoke someone..that seems like a big mystery.

How about Twitter? This fascinates me, it sometimes feels like a voyeuristic tool, that I am getting a peak inside a persons’ home, their personal like. There are tweets that make me feel uncomfortable, like why is that person tweeting about using the restroom..I don’t get that! Seriously, is that necessary?

Myspace, I use to be a huge fan, but now it seems more like a place for kids and others to send me Spam. I get more Spam via Myspace than I do sometimes on my Yahoo account…

No comments: